Now that my Egyptology program is over, I’ve got lots of free time to spend on my sewing projects, and I’m on project overload here.
- A wrap dress that is reversible (Simplicity S0567). Easy to make and fit well (after only one muslin fitting). Unfortunately, I didn’t finish it until September so I only got one wearing out of it before it turned too cold for a summer dress.
- A cowl-neck sleeveless top with a dropped-waist ribbon-tie. This was knocked-off from a Gap top which is one of my favorites to wear. Fabric is from Marc Jacobs, purchased at Mood Fabrics.
- Made the pattern and mock-up for my first pair of custom-made shoes, wing-tips (the style is officially called a Full-Brogue Derby).
Here are a few of the works-in-progress:
- Making a second version of the sleeveless, cowl-neck, dropped-waist tie top — this time in a knit fabric. Here’s the fabric swatch:
- Finishing the pattern for a new backpack.
- Making the actual shoe. . . from the soles, up!
- Creating fabric covers for the 3-D foam rectangles throughout the apartment for Nes.